Thursday, October 4, 2012

Domesticated.

Yesterday i lost my job. The boss had to downsize and i was cut. i was a little hurt, and cried a bit over it. i often dreamed of being able to focus wholly on my dual paths of slavery and motherhood, but being let go was a bit of a shock. i did love my work, and i was saddened to see it end. Although i had been promised i would be sent some side projects, i started to worry about what the loss of my income would mean for our Home, and Sir has forbidden me to worry about it any further.

At this current point in time, He does not demand that i seek other employment. i see it as having the summer off, as it were (whoo hoo, schoooooool’s out for summer!). i am glad that i will be given the opportunity to devote all my attention to the Home, and am currently working on a “project list” consisting of all the domestic ventures i had meant to get to, but had fallen to the wayside. i will also have the time to do more research, hone my domestic skills, and work on time management.

When i was on leave, not working, Sir made me start this blog, to keep my mind occupied, and i suppose that means, dear Reader, that you will be seeing more from me here. i hope to further explore and deepen my sense of self as His property, as long as my introspection doesn’t give me a case of crazies, which sometimes it is wont to do. i will definitely be doing more journaling, at least.

i suppose i finished grieving this morning, when i leisurely and *mindfully* prepared for Sir’s morning, without rushing about so i could get work done on time. It was a nice feeling. Right now i don’t know what the future holds, but i am determined to make the best use of the newfound time i have.

No comments:

Post a Comment